Welcome to Kindergarten and 1st Grade!
Students learn sounds and letters in our journey to become readers and writers. We learn number awareness. We learn to skip count by 2, 5, 10, and 100. We learn odd and even numbers, geometric solid shapes, polygons, measuring in inches and centimeters, money, adding and subtracting. Science includes studying plants, animals, ecosystems, human body, the solar system, and more. In social studies, we learn about our neighborhood, jobs people do, weather, the continents and oceans and features of the earth, maps, and good citizenship. In Bible class, we learn stories from the Bible like Queen Esther and King David. We sing and learn how much Jesus loves us. We learn to follow directions and get along with each other.
Come join us as we explore the world around us!
- Bible – Stepping Stones, Social/Emotional/Problem solving skills
- Language Arts – Handwriting Without Tears, Reading A-Z, Stepping Stones, KINDERWriting Curriculum (based on common core standards)
- Math – Kindergarteners use Saxon math; 1st graders use Christian Light Publication.
- Science – KINDER\FIRSTIEScience and STEM Curriculum (standards based)
- Social Studies – KINDERSocial Studies Curriculum (standards based)
- Students participate in art, music, and PE classes. We are working to include more project based learning and community service outreach projects into our curriculum.
- Formal Assessment – All students are assessed three times a year using Acadience Reading (formerly known as DIBELS Next). Reading levels are also assessed using the Reading A-Z assessment program. Math levels are assessed three times a year using the Easy CBM Benchmark assessment. This assessment measures student progress toward meeting grade level common core math standards